Pages

Tuesday 1 May 2018

Debossed Poinsettia

This is a very fast card for Rudolph Days Challenge which is run by Mo over at Scraps of Life by Scrappymo, and is open from 25th to the end of every month.  Stupidly I forgot that this is only a 30 day month so one day less than I was thinking.  I am taking a chance as it was after midnight here in the UK when I finally posted it, but Western Canada is 8 hours behind so I hope that this is OK with Mo. 


I used the Crafters Companion Pretty Poinsettia Embossing Folder which I debossed on to a snippet of light blue card, and then used some silver gilding wax.   I then die cut a Sue Wilson Noel Star die using a snippet of silver mirri card, cutting away the star to leave just the word, and then added the Craft Emotions Snow Crystals but decided to use just the smaller centre part of the largest star and cut away the rest, again using a snippet of silver mirri card to cut the three.  I finished by cutting this piece down slightly and mounted it on to a 7" x 5" white card.

Thank you for looking at my blog today and I'll be back soon.







I am also entering the following challenges:

Pixie's Crafty Workshop - Week 325 where we use our snippets of card and paper etc.
Merry Monday Christms challenge - No. 288 No Stamping.
Sweet Stampin' Challenge - April Anything Christmas Goes.
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes.


16 comments:

MaryH said...

This is just pure elegance. Love this EF pattern, and it is lovely debossed and distressed with the shading on the pretty blue of the c/s. Adding the slim lettering of the Noel and the tiny golden snowflakes...just so beautiful. I didn't think about the short month either, and had forgotten about the Challenge until I was seeing blogs on about the 26th, and realized Rudy Day had opened! Then I got busy with stuff, and was working fast at the last minute. Your fast card turned out great!!! TFS & Hugs

Patti H. said...

Love your pretty card! The debossing is a nice change from embossing & looks amazing with the silver added on top.

Whisper said...

Stunning, debossing makes it so different, I'm loving it, thanks for joining us at April's Rudolph Days Challenge, Luv Sam

Di said...

Beautiful card Pat - so elegant! I'm sure I have that EF, as yet unused, it's so pretty and the die cuts are gorgeous as well.

Hugs

Di xx

Loll said...

The silver wax over top of the blue debossing is gorgeous Pat! Beautiful card! xx

cuilliesocks said...

Beautifully designed Pat, love the embossed background and the sentiment as main focus, very stylish.
Hope the concert went well, Kate x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

So elegant with the shaded debossing, Pat! Just love the foil sentiment & stars too! So glad you could join us at Merry Monday!!

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Pat! The embossing looks so pretty.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Liz said...

Beautiful card, Pat. The embossing looks really effective debossed and the silver gilding wax gives it a very classy look. Love the die cuts too. xx

Mac Mable said...

Great effect with the de-bossing and love how you've emphasised the poinsettias with the silver wax. Also love how you cut into your dies, which I never think to do so thank you for the inspiration. Such a classy and pretty card x

scrappymo! said...

Beautiful card! Love the subtle look of the gilding wax across the embossed surface.

The noel looks good in the snippet of mirri card.
You are fine with your submission. I close at Western PAcific Tiem and as long as your card is here by my time, you are safe!

Thanks for taking part in the April Rudolph Days Challenge.

Viv said...

This is a super card Pat - great effects and just a bit of blingy with the mirri card too - what more could you want!

Inkypinkydelights said...

A lovely creation! Thanks for sharing at Christmas at Sweet Stampin mand good luck with the challenge. Judy x DT

Linda said...

Beautiful card. Love the sentiment font. So pretty. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

Notes by Nina said...

So pretty, I love the embossing. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Karen Dunbrook said...

I agree...so pretty..
xx Karen