Pages

Sunday 21 May 2017

Acrylic Paint Resist Stencilling

Hi everyone.  I do like to try a new to me technique occasionally and I spotted this one the other day over on Barbara Gray's blog here.  I thought it would work with one of my new stencils, so I found a piece of white card and cut it to the same size, and after taping the stencil to it I sponged some white acrylic paint through it using a piece of blending foam, and then I removed and washed the stencil in some soapy water immediately.

After the paint was thoroughly dry I used my Distress Inks to add colour.  These were Mustard Seed, Peacock Feathers and Mowed Lawn.  I then got a baby wipe and carefully rubbed over the white painted areas to remove the ink.  The white paint acts as a resist, and although not perfect most of the ink did wipe off so I was pleased with the result.


Before adhering this to the card I added a piece of funky foam to the back so it would have some dimension.  I then cut a sentiment from a piece of white card using a Sue Wilson Scripted Happy Birthday die and sponged it quite heavily with Pine Needles Distress Ink and  using Versamark Ink I heat embossed it with WOW Clear Embossing Powder to give it a nice shine.  I then finished by adhering it to the centre of the stencilled panel before adding it to a 7" square white base card.

Thank you for looking at my blog today.







I am entering the following challenges:

Addicted to Stamps and More - No 242 Make Your Mark.
Happy Little Stampers May Anything Goes with Dies Challenge.



9 comments:

Liz said...

What a fabulous effect this technique is, resulting in a beautiful card. I think I might have to give this a try! Thanks for the inspiration. xx

Flo Langley said...

Beautiful card Pat. Always nice to try a new technique. It reminds me of tie dying. Lovely effect. TFS.
Have a great week. Hugs, Flo xx

Jean said...

You have used the new technique to great effect here Pat. A lovely card and nice sentiment die as well.
Jean x

Bonnie said...

It looks perfect to me, Pat! Love this stencil and the colors you've used! I've enjoyed catching up with your lovely creations!

Loll said...

So pretty! What a great technique. Never thought of using white acrylic paint as a resist. Have to try it! xx

Darnell said...

Well done trying this new technique, Pat! It's gorgeous and I love the colors you used!! I hope you are doing well and I'm wondering if you have a date set yet for your op? Hugs, Darnell

Mac Mable said...

Love the green sentiment, so perfect on this fabulous card. I love that the white acrylic paint resist doesn't go perfectly white...there's other techniques and mediums that will do that. Great technique and such an eye catching card. Thank you for sharing this technique and beautiful card with us x

Barb said...

This is a new technique to me too and one I'm going to have to try. Your card is lovely Pat and the colour combination is so pretty. Barbxx

Deepti Aggarwal said...

Beautiful Card..Love the inked background..Thank you so much for joining us again at Happy Little Stampers - Anything goes with dies Challenge.. Hugs xx Deepti Aggarwal