Pages

Saturday 31 October 2015

How Long to Christmas?

Hi everybody.  I have been rather tardy in my cardmaking recently, just don't seem to have been able to get on with it but  I think sometimes a bit of a break can be good   It has suddenly occurred to me that there are only about six weeks before the approximate time for posting the Christmas cards out so I don't have a lot of time and must step up production.


I have a folder full of bits and pieces of toppers and such like that have been lying around for several years, so I decided to see what I could do with some of it as it seems a sin for it not to get used.  A lot of it is Hunkydory and I have found that some of the toppers are overly large for my square cards so I cut out the bird house off a topper and backed it with an oval die cut piece of dotted green card, and then on to a piece of green, both part of the set.  I cut the bottom off the green card and fancy cut round the holly and mounted it over the top for a bit of dimension.

I found a freebie robin stamp which actually has the robin in the centre of a wreath, but I cut the bird away from the rest and stamped with Black Archival on to a snippet of white card, coloured it with my Spectrum Noir pencils then mounted it as you can see.  I finished it with a die cut sentiment topper cut from a snippet of red card.

Thank you for dropping by today.

Pat  x

I am entering the following challenges:

October Rudolph Day Challenge - phew, just made it!  This runs from the 25th to the end of the month.
Simon Says Monday Challenge - Throwback.  For my past challenge I have chosen Holiday Cards from 1/12/14 find it here.
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes.

9 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Great job on using up those bits and bobs. I like to get the last little bits of things used up. It is a good feeling to empty an envelope or even a drawer!
This is such a pretty card, Pat.Well done..

Thanks for taking part in the October Rudolph Days Challenge.

MaryH said...

Pat, this is just adorable. Loved reading that you took bits & pieces and re-purposed to fit the sizes that you need. I love the cute birdhouse over the oval with the tiny but handsome Christmas Robin perched in the holly. A beautiful card using up some stash snippets...looks like your MoJo is back in full force. TFS & Hugs too.

Linby said...

Well done on using stuff up with this pretty card.
Thanks for taking part in Rudolph day.
Lynn X
GDT

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful card Pat, I love the snow and Holly on the bottom. Yes suddenly it's time we have our Christmas cards in full production! I hope you are having a great Sunday xx

Maura said...

beautiful! great idea with the bits and pieces. Thanks for joining us in the throwback challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge this week!

Jean said...

What a lovely card you have made with your bits and pieces Pat. I agree that some of the Hunkydory things are very large and I love the way you have fussy cut the elements and remounted them to fit your card.The little bird house is very sweet and the holly bough is lovely. The beautifully coloured robin is the perfect embellishment.
Jean x

Petra Swart said...

So nice to have a post from you again, Pat!!! I've been wondering how you are!!! I have to agree that some times one just needs a bit of a break to focus on other things!!! I'm sure now that you've made this pretty card there will be another one and another one and some more and more!!! Your card is so cute and 'yeah' for using up all those little bits and pieces, hey!!! Love your beautiful bird and the cute birdhouse and all the lovely green and red!!! Really pretty!!!!
Have a wonderful week!!!
Hugz

Darnell said...

Good to see you, Pat! I'm way behind on my CC production, too. This year, in particular, it really caught me up short. I would never know from your pretty card that you were running low on mojojuice. It's fantastic! I love the trick with the holly for adding dimension! Be well! Hugs, Darnell

Di said...

Hi Pat! What a lovely comment you left on the 'Toothless' card! To be honest, I'd never heard of him either until Len's little Grand daughter became a fan. Mind you - our Sarn is also a fan it seems :)

Love your card - sums Christmas up!

Hugs

Di xx