Pages

Monday 27 October 2014

Dahlia with Embossed Frame

Hi there.  I can't believe that it is nearly the end of October and although the weather has been mild, now the clocks have gone back and the trees are changing colour, Autumn is well and truly here, and this seems to make me want to use different sorts of colours.  I made this card for a friend whose birthday was fairly recently, and used this Dahlia stamp by Sheena Douglass from her range A Little Bit Floral, and also a Crafter's Companion Embossalicious Embossing Folder called Elegant Frame.  I also used a newish die I have from Sue Wilson at Creative Expressions called Petite Vinery.


I started by stamping the image on to a snippet of white card using Distress Ink - Spiced Marmalade and then using Adirondack Sunshine Yellow and the Spiced Marmalade ink on a glass mat, coloured it in using a water brush, and then cut it out.  I took another snippet of white card and embossed with the Elegant Frame EF.  I coloured it in using Distress Ink - Mowed Lawn and then highlighted the edges using some gold mica powder.  I cut three of the Petite Vinery dies from snippets of gold mirri card, and cut them back so that I had six pieces, and then layered the card up as in the photo.  I also cut a little of the edge of the Elegant Frame away so that it fitted the white square card better.

Thank you for looking at my blog today.

Pat x

I am entering the following challenge:

Pixie's Crafty Workshop - Week 148 where we use up snippets of paper and card.


13 comments:

Liz said...

What a lovely card! I love the embossing and the flower looks stunning. xx

Jacee said...

Lovely card Pat, such a stunning design and colour.
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Jean said...

What a beautiful card Pat, the flower is gorgeous and I love the embossed frame and the gold leaves.
Jean x

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful card and colours Pat, the embossing, flourish dies and beautiful flower all go so well together. I hope you are doing well, Shirleyx

MaryH said...

Hi Pat, I'm trying to get round to visit all my lovely visitors and what a treat to see this beauty tonight. Of course I love the EF & that fab SW die. Even better is the coloring that you've done on each piece. That mica edging really sets off the marvelous swirls of color on the background, and the center floral is so very dimensional with the way you've used the colors for such great shading. Good combination of die & EF. TFS & Hugs

Mrs A. said...

Beautiful flower and your fussy cutting is fab. Hugs Mrs A.

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, love the embossing.
luv
Debby

Di said...

Oh this is beautiful Pat! Loads of work I'm sure but such a fabby result!

Hugs

Di xx

Viv said...

Love this mega dahlia Pat - stunning card.

maria's knutselplezier said...

Wow this is an amazing flower card I really love the flower in the middle and you really made it shine because of the beautifull golden accents in the background!! Super!!

Greetings
Maria

Darnell said...

This is a stunning snippets card, Pat! Your sponging and colors are so perfect for autumn!! Hugs, Darnell

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat, called in to say Hello. stunning card. Have a lovely weekend.
Hugs, Flo xx

scrappymo! said...

My goodness, Pat! This is gorgeous. Love the EF look, love the dies and love the fussy cut image

Thanks for popping by my blog...sounds like you had a good catch up. Off to do the same for yours...Hopefully I will get those simple card kits made up. I usually donate cards to Operation Red Nose which runs through the Xmas season. They use them for prizes for the volunteers (in random draws throughout the evenings). I tend to make batch baked cards and although I strive to make them nice...they are usually fairly simple by our standards. Just due to the volumeto be made. Hopefully the card kits will help with that task.