Pages

Wednesday 6 August 2014

Gelli Plate Snippets Anniversary

Hi there everybody, I hope your week is going well.  I can't believe that it's been nearly a week since I last posted.  I didn't think I would be able to keep up that frantic pace, well, frantic for me anyway..lol.  I have several anniversaries to make cards for and I still have some remnants from a gelli plate session where I made this card but the colours were slightly different on these pieces, probably Peacock Feathers Distress Ink and Stonewashed Adirondack ink, with a little Seedless Preserves DI blended round the edges afterwards, plus another piece using Barn Door DI and some water sprayed on to the gelli plate before pulling the print.

I found this sketch here which  appealed to me which led to this A6 card.

DDWS18

                                                                                                   
As you can see I went with the sketch virtually as shown.  The only difference is that I rounded the corners of the mat, made from a snippet of white card, and made the mat more square.  The heart was made from another snippet of white card using a set of Nellie Snellen Multi Frame Heart dies.  I embossed using the Cutttlebug EF - Kimmy-Luvs which doesn't seem to be available here any more.  I then coloured the raised embossing using a Rose Pink Promarker and inked the edges very lightly with the Seedless Preserves DI.

I finished by adding some faux stitching round the mat using the same Promarker and then blending Seedless Preserves DI round the edges and added a sentiment to the bottom of the card using the same colour second generation ink, and mounted it on the white A6 card.

Thanks for stopping to take a look today.

Pat  x

I am entering the following challenges:

Pixie's Crafty Workshop - Week 136 using snippets of card or paper.
Wanna Sketch - No 18.



10 comments:

MaryH said...

Wow! (my gelli is still sitting on the table so I'm really impressed with your gorgeous papers here). You've used the prints beautifully on those banners. Love the embossed flower and I liked the rounded shape you did. It added a lot of softness and let the pretty banners be more visible. Well done. One of these days, I'll get the tables cleaned enough I can play with that gelli. You certainly are inspiring me! TFS & Hugs

Jean said...

I love the embossed heart on this pretty card. Lovely prints from the gelli plate too.
Jean x

scrappymo! said...

PRetty banner card. I like the banners and your gelli print focal point. Gelli is unknown to me...but I love to see on cards...I always think they look so cool!

Lisa Arana said...

Love the strips of ribbon for you gelli plate technique. So very lovely and that bit of embossing on the heart is the perfect bit of texture. I'm so glad you found and played along with wanna sketch!!!

Di said...

Fabulous cad Pat! I love how you interpreted the sketch and gave it your own little twists - and those Gelli plate leftovers are brilliant. I need to get brave and face min again soon :)

Hugs

Di xx

Debs Willis said...

Lovely card Pat, really nice colours and works really well with the banners
Hugs
Debs x

Sarn said...

Brilliant layout and fab inking.
xxx

Darnell said...

You did a beautiful job with that sketch, which I am keeping my sketch folder, so thanks for that! I love the colors and patterns, Pat, and especially the dimension created by the sponging and rounding. I always forget that neat trick! Have a great weekend! Hugs, Darnell

maria's knutselplezier said...

Great card I really love the background and the way you created this, and we all love haerts of course always nice to give and to get!! Thanks for your nice words on the CB blog!!!

Greetings
Maria

Jennifer Johnston said...

Hi Pat, love your card, such pretty colours and I like the way you have decorated the heart. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment. As you may see, I am now following your blog.
Hugs Jennifer xx