Pages

Friday 6 December 2013

Black and White Anniversary.

Hello everybody.  I have interrupted Christmas card making as I have two Anniversaries this month to make cards for, and no, I haven't finished my Christmas cards yet.  I'm afraid, as usual, I started rather late and will be making and posting right up to the last possible date.

For this card I used:   Square White Card Blank, White Stamping Card, Chocolate Baroque Bold Snowflake Shadow Stamp, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder Kimmy-luvs, Nellie's Border Die, Versamark Ink, WOW Black Twinkle EP, WOW Silver EP, Silver Mirri Card and a Silver Sentiment.


 

I decided that as this is a December Anniversary I could get away with using the Chocolate Baroque Snowflake Shadow stamp.  I really love this stamp because it heat embosses so beautifully, so I stamped it using Versamark Ink and heat embossed using the Black Twinkle EP. (unfortunately this doesn't show up on the photo very well).  I then used the Kimmy-luvs Embossing Folder  with some white card - I managed to make it wider by matching the pattern and running it through my machine again, luckily it worked quite well.  In my stash I found a nice little heart stamp which I got free with Craft Stamper magazine, and using snippets of white card I heat embossed  with the Silver EP making two of them as you can see.  I also used a scrap/snippet of Silver Mirri card and die cut the Nellie's Border Die, luckily it fitted almost perfectly.  I made the card up by cutting both the background pieces in half, mounted them on the white base card and covered the  join with the silver border.  I then added the two hearts and finished with the sentiment.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

Pixie's Crafty Workshop where you have to use snippets/scraps, and as I used some small snippets of white card and silver mirri card.  This is for the weekly challenge and my 2nd entry into the special challenge.
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge   - Make Your Own Background
Less is More  - Sparkle








7 comments:

Di said...

Stunning Anniversary card Pat, and I think those fabulous snowflakes are just right for a December Anniversary. And well done on matching the folder to get more width too!

Hugs, Di xx

Chrissie said...

Lots of shine here Pat!
Thanks so much for joining us.
Chrissie
"Less is More

Helen G. said...

What a sweet card!

Jean said...

This is a super anniversary card Pat. I love the embossing folder you used, and the snowflakes look stunning with the sparkly black embossing.
Jean x

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful card, what a great idea to use the snowflake background as part of your design. Have a great weekend, Shirleyx

MaryH said...

Another lovely card. I'm impressed with your matching on the C/B folder. It worked wonderfully well, and I love that EF. Your CB snowflakes were great on this card, it created such an elegant feel to the design, while your hearts completed your anniversary theme. Your friends will absolutely love this. TFS & Hugs

Lin said...

A very elegant anniversary card, Pat! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!