Pages

Tuesday 5 November 2013

The Art of Chess

Hi Everyone.  I notice I now have two more new followers, so thank you for that.

Today's card has a chess theme and is a set of stamps from Chocolate Baroque.  I used this set on my very first post, but that was a more elaborate card.  This is a much more straightforward version as I am entering it in the latest challenge at Less is More, which is to produce a card with a dark background but with a splash of colour(s).   I am also going in for the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge, which is Anything Goes, and finally Pixie's Crafty Workshop, because that asks you to use snippets/scraps of paper or card, and the chess pieces were made from leftover pieces of card.




This lovely set of stamps has various chess pieces in differing sizes and styles and I selected a few of these to make a nice grouping on the card.  Next I found some nice bright colours of card to add my splash of colour.  There is a background stamp, and I used the top half of this as a backdrop on the black 31/2 inch square mat, which was stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with WOW Clear Gloss EP.  I then stamped each of the chess pieces as above, heat embossed with the Clear Gloss EP, and attached to the mat.  Finally, having placed the mat on the A6 black card, I finished it off with a sentiment heat embossed with White EP.

Unfortunately, as you can see black card is very unforgiving, and even after using some talc brushed on to lessen the static, I still managed to get a few stray white flecks of EP.  I am something of a perfectionist, but sometimes I have to tell myself to take a step back and accept that if it is 75 to 80 percent as you would like it that this is probably about as good as it gets, for me anyway. 

6 comments:

Di said...

Hi Pat! Wow, love this clever snippets card and great to see you in the Snippets Playground. Welcome and I do hope you come back to play really soon!

Just added myself as a follower.

Hugs, Di xx

Jingle said...

This is such a neat design! Very nice! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

Elizabeth said...

Hello Pat, great card and a very clever use of snippets. Elizabeth xx

Chrissie said...

Many apologies for my extremely late visit.
I was at a craft show on Friday and singing in a choral concert on Saturday!
This is just super!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"
It would be great if you could link directly to you card...thanks

Darnell said...

That's the right attitude, Pat, and, besides, we truly are our own worst critics! I think this snippet card is sensational! Hugs, Darnell

Sandy said...

Very nice - love the colors!
Sandy