Pages

Wednesday 25 September 2013

Georgian Lady

I thought today I would show you a card made from a stamp which came free with Craft Stamper.  It is a smaller version of a stamp made by Indigoblu.  The stamp is only about 2" square, but I think this illustrates how it is possible to fill a 6" card with just one stamp.




I stamped randomly round the edge of the white card with just the right hand edge of the stamp using a Versamark pad and then heat embossed with WOW Silver EP.  I then stamped the whole image on a piece of white card about  3" square using the same technique.  In order to get the embossed design around the main image I used some pencil lines to indicate where the topper would be placed on the card and then just inside of the marks stamped and heat embossed the right hand portion of the stamp around the square just overlapping a bit to get a continuous design and then mounted the image over it.  It was a bit fiddly to do but I think it works quite well.
Lastly I used two colours of Pan Pastel - Phthalo Green Tint and Red Oxide Tint to add a gentle colour to the background and main image, and then just added a small Anita's butterfly and sentiment.  Thank you so much for looking.




No comments: