Pages

Tuesday 22 November 2016

Twelve Tags of Christmas

Hi everyone.  Loll Thompson has been running her Twelve Tags of Christmas event, and this is the third year she has hosted it.  I'm afraid I have missed the twelve days but she keeps it open for a week longer to allow the stragglers like me to enter.  It was a little hurried and flurried but I got there in the end.


For the tag:

Snippets of White Card.
Snippet of Dark Green Card.
Penny Black Jolly Chant Stamp. (doesn't seem to be available anywhere in the UK at the moment)
Little Bird image from Penny Black Stamp Set Jolly Friends.  (also difficult to find in the UK)
Adirondack Sunshine Yellow Ink.
Distress Ink - Peacock Feathers.
Versamark Ink.
WOW Metallic Gold Embossing Powder.
Lyra Aqua Markers.
Sweet Dixie Die - Leafy Scroll 2.                                           
Piece of Sheer Lemon  Ribbon.

I started with a snippet of white card cut to shape.  I then stamped the background script using Versamark Ink and WOW Gold Embossing Powder, and then smooshed with the yellow and turquoise inks.

Using another snippet of white card I stamped the little bird using the Versamark and the gold embossing powder.  I then coloured it using my Lyra Aqua Markers.  It could be any bird but I made it a robin as they are what I always think of for Christmas.   I then fussy cut the image.  I used a micron pen to add the eye and darkened the beak and accentuated the wing, and I also took the pen round the edges to define it so that it would show up better against the background.

I cut the Leafy Scroll from a snippet of dark green card, and I decided to cut it into two pieces so it fitted on the tag better to place the little bird.

I adhered the bird and the leafy scroll using some Pinflair Glue Gel.

Well that is all for now, but do go and take a look at all the fabulous tags that Loll and her friends have made for this wonderful twelve day event, and there is still time to make and enter a tag yourself.

Thanks for visiting today and see you again soon.







I am entering the following challenge:

Pixie's Crafty Workshop - Week 256 where we use our snippets of card and paper.
Uniko Challenge No 38 - Christmas.

14 comments:

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Wow gorgeous tag Pat, I love the background :) xx

Di said...

Oh Pat, this is utterly adorable! What a tag you created - love the citrus colours with the gold and the wee robin is just perfect!

Hugs

Di xx

Florence said...

Beautiful Tag Pat. Fab stamping on the background. Love the little robin.
Hugs Flo x

Loll said...

I'm so happy you found some time to play along Pat. Your tag is GORGEOUS. The gold embossed Christmas words in the background are so pretty. Great paired with your smooshing of turquoise and yellow. And that robin ... ADORABLE! Beautiful design. Thanks so much at sharing at my tag event! xx

MaryH said...

Well worth the wait to see this pretty tag. Loving the WOW gold against that lovely smooshing of color. And of course I love the adorable little bird. That is a nice script image, and one I've not seen. The ribbon bow that finishes this pretty tag is just splendid. Glad you entered this in the Tags too! TFS & Hugs

Darnell said...

This is darling, Pat! Your sweet Santa bird is living the life in his beautiful snippet surroundings all tied up with a fabulous bow! I'm glad you made it into Loll's fun TTOC!! Hugs, Darnell

Janice said...

A beautiful tag Pat, I love the colours and the swirl the Robin is sitting on!
Janice x

TaeEun said...

This is a beautiful and cheerful tag! The background color is so lovely and the sweet little robin is so cute! Have a great weekend, Pat!

Bonnie said...

I love your little Christmas bird, Pat! Such a pretty tag!

Sue said...

Love your beautiful background. You've managed to capture the shine on the gold really well on your photo. The little robin is adorable.

Sazzle Dazzle said...

This is so cute Pat, loving the little robin with his Christmas hat on and a great BG to your tag. Full of festive cheer. Thanks for playing along with us at Uniko this month. Sarah

Deborah Frings said...

Utterly gorgeous. I love all the shades of green and the gold embossing is lovely. Great work. Thanks so much for playing along with Uniko this month. Deborah, DT.

Rahmat said...

Lovely tag, love the colors, glad to see you at Uniko.

Beverley said...

So pretty, love the gold embossing on green. Thanks so much for joining in on the Uniko Challenge. My apologies for my late comment. Hugs Bev x