Pages

Friday 15 April 2016

Flying High

Welcome all.  Today I have a male birthday card to show you.  I was in a bit of a rush to get it done so kept it relatively simple.  I found a digital image of a plane as he does fly so I thought he would appreciate that and I used an embossing folder which was a recent freebie with a magazine.


I started with a white square card and used the embossing folder on the front of it.  I gave the embossing some colour with Distress Inks in Tumbled Glass and Stormy Sky which I applied with some blending foam.

I then die cut the digital image with an XCut circle die.  I cut a cloud shape from a piece of copy paper and using Distress Ink in Tumbled Glass I gradually built up the clouds round the plane using blending foam.  I then gave the plane a bit of extra shading with a black Spectrum Noir pencil and then adhered it to the card front.

I finished by using the Tumbled Glass and Stormy Sky on a snippet of white card and then die cut the sentiment having first used some Stick It adhesive on the back.

Before I go today I would like to introduce two new followers who are Anne who you will find here, and Judy whose blog you will find here.  Both ladies are fabulous cardmakers with quite different styles but do beautiful work and I'm sure they would love you to go and visit them.

Thank you for coming by today.


Pat  x

I am entering the following challenges:

Addicted to Stamps and More - Clean and Simple.
AAA Cards CAS Challenge - Anything Goes.

 

15 comments:

debby4000 said...

Love your card, the embossing is fabulous and so is the plane image.
luv
Debby

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely masculine card Pat and love your coloured embossing and of course that great plane image...have a great weekend

Anne

Jo Nevill said...

Lovely card.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

Jo x

Barb said...

A great card for a man Pat, especially one who flies. My hubby flies model planes and would love this. I have that embossing folder and absolutely love it. The central image looks great and I love that sky. Barbxx

Janice said...

Your card is fantastic Pat, perfect for the recipient. I too have that embossing folder, I love how you've coloured it too.
Janice x

Darnell said...

This will be received with a smile, Pat! Love the clouds you made and the color shading on the e/f! Thank you for the introductions, too!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

Sarn said...

Oh Pat . . . this is a masterpiece of a card for the male of the species. TOP MARKS>

Hugs, Sarn xxx

MaryH said...

This is a wonderful masculine card, that still has lots of rich class and beauty to it. Love the image and the way you've showcased it within the circle, and the clouds behind the old plane. ALso loving the elegant & delicate embossing on the outer sections...the pale blues are just perfect too. TFS & Hugs

Petra Swart said...

What a lovely masculine card with beautiful soft colours, Pat!!!!
Love that aeroplane digi and the sky you've done so perfectly!!! The embossed frame is lovely!!!! Such a great card - for sure the receiver is going to love it!!!!!
Have a great day!!!
Hugz

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Fantastic card, Pat. Love that image, and the way you've used it. Love the embossing around the circle, and the sky you've created is great. Love the positioning of your sentiment. Thanks for linking up and playing along with us at AAA Cards.

Liz said...

Super design. I love the embossing folder, perfect for the lovely image. xx

Lilian said...

Great masculine card!
Thank you for joining us at ATSM!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio

Peanut said...

What a lovely project, Pat! The pretty embossed bg and the soft blue... so perfect for the sky theme. Great job! Thanks for joining us at ATSM.
x Asha

Ceal said...

Fabulous card, love your clouds. thanks for sharing with us at AAA Cards!

Gibmiss said...

Stunning card Pat ... Love the image... and the embossing folder
Hugs Sylvie x