Pages

Monday 8 June 2015

Electric Guitar Birthday

Hi there everyone.  As you can see I made this card for our DS's birthday.  I was trying to find something different and I came across a free template for this guitar and thought it was quite fun, so here is the card.


I used snippets of red and black card for the sections of the body and I heat embossed them with Clear Gloss EP, and then the silver pieces I made by covering some snippets of black card with Brilliance Starlite Silver Pigment Ink straight from the pad all over it and dried with a heat tool.

The background is two stitched squares die cut from snipppets of white card and embossed using two different stencils and then I put a little of the Brilliance silver ink on to a dry baby wipe and inked the embossed pattern to give it a bit of definition.

The sentiment plate was made with one of the stitched square dies for the white layer and to make the black layer I embossed with the die and this Simon Says Stitched die has a line of stitching inside the cut line and another outside the cut line so I layered the white on to the black and then cut with scissors beyond this outer line of stitching which looks quite good.  I used a fine line Micron pen for the strings and the peg board, and the sentiment is computer generated.

Thank you for taking a look today.

Pat x

I am entering the following challoenges:

Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes.
Pixie's Crafty Workshop - Week 180 where we use up our leftover stash.
Words 2 Scrap By - It's a Man's World.


15 comments:

Viv said...

Catching up visit Pat - this is a really striking card - great job! Love the Elephant one too - it really is a lovely image! x

Jean said...

fabulous card Pat, a really striking image. I bet your son loved it.
Jean x

Darnell said...

Pat, this is remarkable! It's obvious that this took thought and time and it was made with lots and lots of love! Your son will cherish it!! Great job!! Hugs, Darnell

debby4000 said...

Such a fabulous card.
luv
Debby

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

What a fantastic design! One of my brother's in law would love this, it looks like it was a lot of work. Well done! Shirleyxx

Jacee said...

Great design Pat
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

MaryH said...

Simply brilliant innovation with this template. You've done so many clever techniques on this one, to make it so special for your Son. Loved your idea of the wiping a dry baby wipe with the silver ink. It showed up very well and that guitar just gleams! Well done! TFS & Hugs

Di said...

OH WOW!! I adore this Pat - just brilliant!! Mary upstairs to me said it all really :)

Hugs

Di xx

Marika said...

This is totally fun and perfect masculine card as well! Thank you for your kind comment on my blog! I truly appreciate it.

Lisa :) said...

awesome card!!

Julie Smith said...

Brilliant card idea and I love the embossed background. xx

Annie S. said...

This card rocks...literally! Love the colors and all the details! Thanks for playing along in W2SB Challenge #18!

Sybrina K said...

Pat, I'm with Ann -- this card really does rock! Your son will love it. I know I sure love all the texture and detail. Thanks so much for joining us at Words 2 Scrap By. :)

Bonnie said...

LOVE this red and black guitar, Pat! The 2 different embossed pieces in the background add even more interest! I'm pretty sure your son loves this card!

BobbisTreasure said...

Beautifully done!! Love how you accented the elements with heat embossing and inks! Thanks for playing with us at Words 2 Scrap By!!