Pages

Thursday 7 May 2015

Time for a Snooze

Hi there everybody.  I have made a couple of cards recently using this digital stamp from Di's Digis called Time for a Snooze.  They are both much the same in style but I used different colours for the layers and both were coloured using my Spectrum Noir Pencils and the blending solution which I find blends colours together really well and gives a nice smooth finish.  Here is the first one I made for a friend who has been chillaxing in the sun recently so I thought the image rather appropriate. 



The only additions on this one were the snippets of yellow and blue card for the background and a snippet of the same blue for the die cut sentiment, and also a couple of gold tone sticky numbers as it was his sixtieth birthday so I stuck them on the bottle as he is rather partial to a glass of wine.  Mind you I made a bit of a faux pas as I think he normally drinks more red wine than white but never mind.


This second card is for our nephew, and I decided to colour the bear in a slightly lighter colour and I also had a go at layering the die cut sentiment with the two colours used in the layering, which were snippets of card, with the darker colour behind to make a shadow.   It was rather fiddly to do but I quite like the effect.  

Thank you for taking a look today.

Pat x

I  am entering the following challenge:

Pixie's Crafty Workshop - Weeks 175 and 176.  We aim to use up our snippets here.


 

14 comments:

debby4000 said...

Oh both cards are fabulous.
luv
Debby

Di said...

Absolutely darling cards Pat, beautiful colouring too!

Hugs

Di xx

Viv said...

Gorgeous colouring Pat! Great cards. x

Jacee said...

Two lovelies Pat! so cute.
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Jean said...

Cute image on these two and great colouring.
Jean x

Sarn said...

I love BOTH cards. The image is cute and coloured in so nicely.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

MaryH said...

Both cards are just darling. What a cute image, and I love your subtle background shading too. What a difference your color choices made. I also admire your shadow effect on the lettering too. I can never get that done well. This looks great. Well done on your SN coloring...TFS & Happy Mom's Day. Hugs

Loll said...

Adorable image Pat ... and your colouring is AWESOME. It looks amazing in both colour sets. xx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful colouring on your sweet cards Pat. Happy Weekend, Shirleyxx

Julie Smith said...

Your cards are lovely along with your colouring. Stunning!

Bonnie said...

What a fun image and I'll bet there's some red wine in that green bottle! Great job, Pat!

Petra Swart said...

Hi, Pat, thank you so much for popping in at my blog and leaving a sweet comment!!!!! I see you are also a keen knitter and crocheter and you have also done cross stitch cards in the past - me, too, did cross stitch cards years ago!!!
Your cards are so cute - the wine looks like a good South African one!!! LOL!!!! (and I'm sure your friend will be OK with it being white and not red!!!) Love your great colouring of the sweet image, Pat!!!!
Have a great day!!!

MaryH said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Pat said...

Sorry, I do not intend to make it look as if there was anything wrong with this comment but it was a personal message and was published due to operator error - in other words this silly woman pressed the wrong button!