Pages

Thursday 14 May 2015

CAS Bird on a Branch

Hi all. This card is for DH's brother and I used a recently bought set of stamps from Chocolate Baroque called Spring Bird Crocus which included this lovely bird which I think may be a Wren, so I have tried to give her the appropriate colours.


I was intending to enter this in the CAS(E) this Sketch Challenge but unfortunately realised after I had made the card that by the time I could put the card up that particular challenge would be finished, but not to worry I enjoyed making it anyway.

I coloured the image with my favourite Spectrum Noir Pencils and decided to add just the hint of some scenery in the background.  I did use the blending solution on the actual image and on the hills and sky in the background but decided to keep more texture in the bit of foreground behind the image to give it just a bit of texture though I didn't want it to take the attention away from the image too much.

I finished it with a sentiment stamped using Black Archival Ink.

Before I finish I would like to welcome a new follower Petra Swart.  She is a very talented lady who is skilled in all sorts of crafts so please do go and take a look, and you can find her blog here.

Thank you for stopping by today.

Pat x

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Addicted to CAS -  Birds.
Addicted to Stamps - Clean and Simple.
Papertake Weekly - In the Garden.  I hope this is not too obscure, but birds are found in the garden and although this does not look like a typical garden scene hopefully this will be acceptable.


13 comments:

Loll said...

Hi Pat. Gorgeous card. Love your image and so skillfully coloured!! The soft look of the hills in the background really shows off that beautiful image. Thanks for playing along at ATCAS. xx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is such a beautiful CAS card Pat.
luv
Debby

Tanja said...

love your colored pencil coloring - thanks for joining us at ATSM this week

Lindsey said...

Lovely card! Wonderful colouring & blending

Liz said...

A lovely image, beautifully coloured. Gorgeous CAS card. xx

Debs said...

Beautiful card - fabulous CAS design.Thanks for playing along at PTW this week.
Good luck.
Debs xx

Jean said...

Your colouring of this lovely image is brilliant Pat, with just enough added background.
A really beautiful card.
Jean x

Jacee said...

I'm sure your BIL will love it Pat, is fabulous!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

MaryH said...

You know I am loving this sweet bird image! Your SN pencil coloring is beautiful, so well blended with lovely highlights. It looks most CAS, yet I like the soft color palette. Your missing the challenge, sounds like what I do! Your DH will love this wonderful card. TFS & Hugs

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful CAS style Pat, the bird image is coloured so beautiful. It's also a favorite of mine :) Have a great weekend, Shirleyxx

cm said...

You've selected a perfect image for a masculine card and your colouring...oh my! Absolutely impressive! Your DH's brother will adore this, as do I! Thank you for sharing your creativity in the ATSM gallery!
~c

Wei Wei said...

Very sweet and lovely card! Love your amazing pencil coloring! Thank you for sharing at ATSM.

Deepti said...

Beautiful coloring. Thank you for sharing with ATCAS!