We received an invite to a wedding for which I made this card, and the day went well. As the weather this time of year can be a bit unpredictable it was just as well it was at a wedding venue so mainly indoors. The weather was at least dry if overcast and chill but not freezing so they did manage some photos in the rather lovely grounds. We luckily only had to brave the elements for about ten minutes which was quite enough as my outfit wasn't terribly suited to the autumnal conditions, especially as the wind had started to blow a bit!
I haven't made many
wedding cards in the past and was lacking a little inspiration so did my
usual trick of looking on Pinterest to see if anything fired my imagination.
I decided to go with a silhouette bride and groom and found an image
which I adapted a little as I thought the totally black silhouette was a
bit heavy looking. I fussy cut one image out then on the second I cut
the skirt and train out and cut part of the upper body and shaped it
into a strapless top. I used these two bits as templates and then after
pencillling round the shapes on to a snippet of heavy-ish white paper I
cut them out and glued them in place to give the bride her white
dress. I then decided perhaps she would look nicer with an embossed
train so cut the original template down and embossed with a Cuttlebug EF
called Textile Texture which I thought had the look of lace.
then thought I would use the same EF in the background so cut a snippet
of white card to fit the white square base card and ran it through the
folder. I die cut some corners from a set of NBUS dies (Never-Before-Used-Schtuff as coined by Darnell of djkardkreations) from Sue Wilson
at Creative Expressions called Vintage Bauble using silver Mirri card and glued them to the embossed background.
I then made some flowers from another Sue Wilson NBUS die called Classic Rose.
Using a snippet of white card I made two flowers using all the dies except the largest of the plain dies but added an extra layer of the second smallest die to fill it out a bit. I snipped away one petal out
of each one and shaped and glued them, then layered them up to form the
flower and set a pearl in the centre of each. I then cut another set of plain flower die cuts using another snippet of white card, but this time I also cut a large patterned flower die cut and glued it on top of the largest plain flower die cut and then layered the rest on top without cutting away
any of the petals except I cut an extra small one for the top layer on which I removed a petal and also attached a pearl.
The last step was to make the sentiment which I did on the computer and then cut out with my S/B Captivating Squares, the second size die.
hope you haven't found my post too long winded but this was a little
more complicated than a lot of cards I make, but as this was for a
wedding we were actually attending I wanted it to be extra specially
Thank you for visiting my blog today.
I am entering the following challenge:
Pixie's Crafty Workshop - Week 153. Where we use up our snippets of paper and card, and as I used quite a few snippets on this card I am going to visit my friends over there.
P.S. Thank you to Di, who has subsequently highlighted my card over at
Pixie's Playground, for her lovely comments. I have only just realised
that she thinks the little flowers in the bouquet were added by me. The
only white pieces I added were the bodice and skirt with the
embossed train added over the top. I apologise for not explaining it
clearly enough and for not reading Di's original comment properly otherwise I
would have put her right. I didn't want anyone who might come across
the original silhouette to think I was claiming for work I didn't do.
Thank you so much for all the lovely comments that have been left which I