Hi there. Hope you are having a good weekend. I need an anniversary card shortly and I saw this card design on the Clean and Simple Challenge Blog here. It just appealed to me, and isn't the sort of anniversary card I would normally make but I liked the sentiment too - just thought it was amusing and a bit different. I searched around for an image I could use and eventually found a free digital image at Beccy's Place, and there is also a tutorial on how to use Copics, but I have used my Spectrum Noir pencils to colour it. Colours include Yellows 10 and 12, Greens 50 and 52, Browns 96, 99 and 104 and Reds 27 and 33.
I printed the image on to some inkjet paper I use for inserts which I wasn't sure would be thick enough, but trying to get a printer to take card is not an easy task. Anyway I started colouring and it seems to have worked fine. For the background I decided to use my Tim Holtz Honeycomb stencil which I hand embossed. I laid a scrap/snippet of my inkjet paper over the stencil and using a fairly large ball tool rubbed over the stencil to get the impression. It worked fine and then I inked it with Distress Ink using Walnut Stain, Spiced Marmalade and a little Mowed Lawn round the edges. I finished by printing the sentiment on to the same inkjet paper and using one of my Xcut Nesting Hexagons dies I cut and then mounted on to a snippet of dark green card. I also tied a piece of black ribbon round the top of the two pears tying them together. This was recycled as I cut it out of a new top which I bought recently, and didn't seem to be necessary for hanging the garment up so I found a better use for it.
I have to say that the gremlins struck again. I cut out and mounted the pears using my Pinflair Glue Gel which I thought would give them just a little more shape. After I had glued them down I noticed there was some of the glue showing through, probably because the paper wasn't that thick and maybe it could have been something to do with the pencils which are quite waxy, and maybe it reacted to them too. I just hoped when dry it would just disappear, but unfortunately it didn't. I have to say the air was a little blue as I had spent quite a bit of time on the colouring, which, I hasten to add, I did enjoy. I decided I would have to do two or three of the leaves again and place over the top as it was the leaves which were the worst. The pears themselves escaped apart from some quite small marks which I have left as pears do have blemishes so that's what they are. I stuck the new leaves over the top but this time used my Collall Photo Glue which is fine.
Thank you for stopping by and I look forward to being here again soon.
I am entering the following challenge:
Clean and Simple Challenge 303.
Pixie's Crafty Workshop - Week 139 where we use up snippets of card and paper. I did use up a snippet of inkjet paper for the background. Not much of a snippet but hopefully ok for the challenge.
Spectrum Noir - August Challenge.