Pages

Saturday 21 December 2013

Merry Christmas

Well I have at last finished my Christmas cards and these will be the last two to display, I think.  I have managed to steer clear of snowflakes and baubles and I decided to use the Indigoblu Bare Forest for these two cards.




As I don't have any A6 cards at the moment, I used my square white cards cut down.  I stamped the image on to green and red card using Versamark Ink, and then heat embossed with WOW Sparkling Snow Embossing Glitter. I then used a Cuttlebug folder which I think is probably not available now, but which has a selection of Christmas greetings.  I picked out one of the greetings and embossed one of each colour and then mounted each on to white card.  I then highlighted the writing by using a white Sakura pen on one, and a silver Sakura pen on the other.  I  decided the white writing might look better with a hint of silver, so I overlaid it with the silver to give a glittery highlight.  Unfortunately the green card which has only the silver doesn't show up very well in the photo.  As the Bare Forest stamp is framed I cut the card just beyond the frame to give it a layered look when mounted on the base card.

With these last two Christmas cards I would like to send my best wishes for a very Merry Christmas and a  healthy and prosperous New Year.

I have entered the red version of the card in the challenge over at Pixie's Crafty Workshop as I have used some snippets/scraps of white and red card.

I am also entering the challenge over at Simon Says Monday Challenge which asks for a stamped image.

8 comments:

Di said...

Beautiful Pat - I adore both cards.

Hugs, Di xx

Jean said...

These cards are great Pat, I love the Bare Forest stamp, and the sparkly embossing too.
Happy Christmas, Jean x

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Very pretty Pat, it's great to see them in the alternate colours. Season's Greetings, Shirleyx

MaryH said...

Pat, these are both just absolutely lovely. Liked the way you used that stamp with the 2 colors to create a different look for each card. Great idea on the C/B folder too. TFS, & a big Merry Christmas to you as well. I'm so happy I found your blog! I've enjoyed seeing all the lovely cards you've shared with us. Hugs

Michelle said...

Lovely cards, Pat! I love the bright colors used with the trees. Thank you for sharing your card with us this week for the Simon Says stamp Monday challenge. Happy Holidays! ~Michelle

Sarn said...

Delightful Christmas cards here Pat.

Wishing you and yours a Very Merry Christmas too.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

scrappymo! said...

Two lovely card!
It is getting so close to the big day. Hope you have a Merry Christmas filled with wonderful memories!

Dan said...

Great cards, I love the red and green and the frosty look of those winter branches. Thanks for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!