Pages

Wednesday 25 December 2013

Final Snowflakes for 2013

This is very sad.  This is the forgotten Christmas card which I came across when seeing what cards I had made this year.  I made it early on and it got separated from the rest, and as it is quite a pretty card I decided to post it.  Also I wish to include it in a challenge which will be my next post.



This card uses the Outline and Shadow Snowflake stamps from Chocolate Baroque, stamped on white card using Versamark Ink and the WOW Silver Sparkle EP, and then overstamped with Adirondack Tuxedo Black Ink.  To clarify, I used the Snowflake shadow first with the EP, and then overstamped with the Snowflake Outline using the Black.  The overstamping wasn't perfect, but as the stamps have a nice framed edge I managed to line it up fairly well.  When perfectly dry I used blending foam to add colour.  For this I used Distress Inks Fired Brick and Tumbled Glass and also some Adirondack Eggplant.  I cut a piece off an A5 Light Grey Pearl card to make it square, and the offcut  I used to make the border using a Nellie Snellen die.  I mounted the border on the background, which I cut down slightly, and then made a double bow with sheer lilac ribbon, the ends of which I wrapped round the background before attaching it to the card.  I finished with a sentiment mounted on a mat made with an XCut Oval die.

I hope you are all having a good Christmas Day and tucking into all that lovely festive food, and that you have some lovely new crafty stash to play with.  In case you are wondering if I have nothing better to do on Christmas Day, this was done in advance and just scheduled for today.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that was quite a touching post about the pretty card which got separated from the rest and therefore lay forgotten----- On the bright side, someone will be lucky to receive such a lovely piece of art next year! (Bet no one else has started next Christmas' cards yet, Pat!) Hope you're both having a lovely Christmas time --- With love Marilyn. xx

Mrs A. said...

Might have been originally for gotten but you have saved the best till last. Such pretty colours. Wishing you a very crafty New Year. Hugs Mrs A.

Darnell said...

What a beautiful card, Pat! If you're like me, you will get an unexpected card in the mail and then have a need so this card will get used after all. If not, you are WAAAAY ahead in the run up to next year's cards and you should get some kind of prize for that!! Happy New Year Cheers! Darnell