Pages

Thursday 28 November 2013

White Christmas

Hi to everyone.  May I start off by saying Happy Thanksgiving to all our friends in The States, and hope you have a great time.  It's just as well we don't celebrate it here because I don't think I could find the time to make all those extra cards.

Today's card is, guess what, another Christmas card.  I decided that, as I had never made one before, I would go for all white.  To make the card I used: Square White Card Blank, Heat Resistant Acetate, WOW Embossing Powder Sparkling Snow, Versamark Ink, Chocolate Baroque Bold Snowflake Shadow Stamp, Nellie's Scallop Border Die, Chocolate Baroque Poinsettia Stamp, White Parchment, Sakura Silver Gel Pen and a Silver Sentiment.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             
                                                                                                                                                                   

I started by stamping with the Snowflake Shadow onto heat resistant acetate with Versamark Ink and heat embossing with the WOW EP Sparkling Snow.  I haven't used the embossable acetate before, and although it will take heat I think I got a little too close with the heat gun and it did wrinkle a bit, but apart from that I thought the results were fine.  I stuck this to the base card, but because of the wrinkling it was a bit troublesome to glue flat, but I decided to go with it.  I then made the border with the Scallop Border Die, running it through twice to make a decorative strip, and glued that in place.  I stamped and heat embossed the Poinsettia twice onto the parchment using the same WOW EP as before, cut them out and layered them up.  I used a Sakura Silver Gel Pen to highlight the centre of the flower and finished with a silver sentiment.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

Stamping for Pleasure Rudolph Day
Pixie's Crafty Workshop because I used some snippets/scraps of parchment for my Poinsettia. 
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

15 comments:

Sarn said...

Oooh a lovely snowy/frosty festive card here Pat. Gorgeous.

Thanks for joining in with Rudolph Day again.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Jean said...

Fabulous card Pat, well done for for the great embossing on acetate, something I've not done much of either. Your parchment flower is so pretty and I like the touch of silver in the centre and for the greeting.
Jean x

Viv said...

Lovely WOW card!

Kathleen said...

Fabulous card, I so so love all wow cards the poinsettia is stunning.

Kath x

Mrs A. said...

A beautiful white on white card and the poinsettia is just wonderful. Hugs Mrs A.

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful poinsettia and the white on white is so elegant. Have a great weekend, Shirleyx

scrappymo! said...

Gorgeous WOW and just the right amount of shimmer!

Di said...

Oh yesssss Pat, this is a perfect WOW card. LOVE the poinsettia, it looks so tactile.

Hugs, Di xx

Anonymous said...

Yes--- it looks so pure and beautiful, Pat ---- every card you show on here has the Wow-factor but it's the diversity of designs that holds the biggest Wow for me! Another fabulous card--- Love Marilyn. xx

MaryH said...

Golly,this is just lovely. The WoW is really so very elegant, and I think you chose the perfect poinsettia to decorate the front of this beauty. The scallop trim was gorgeous behind the flower too. Just bought some of the embossable acetate...had seen it at home in the LSS I frequent, but saw it after I had checked out, so didn't purchase any. I got some at Sparkle n Sprinkle (because it was shown to me & explained how-to use it! Good sales technique!). tfs & it's 76F as I type, beautiful sunshine, but a bit of a breeze. Be hard to leave it & return home to cold & dreary too! (plus leaving the DD..very hard for us). Hugs

Darnell said...

Wow, Pat, this is an exquisite work of art! It took my breath away! Wonderful use of snippets, too! Hugs, Darnell (PS Try Merry Monday site again. I had a bad link in my post. Thanks for saying something so I knew it was wrong and could go in and fix it!!)

debby4000 said...

What a wonderful card, beautiful poinsettia
luv
Debby

cheiron said...

Wow...such gorgeous detail! I love the all white. Thanks for playing along with the Anything Goes Challenge this week over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

Sandy said...

I don't know how you did this but it is out of this world beautiful. I love white on white cards. Absolutely smashing!
sandy

Anonymous said...

Oh---- my very own White Christmas!!!!!! This gorgeous, stunning in its simplicity, dramatic in design, card just arrived through my letterbox (just as I was writing on my own blog about Christmas cards!) A real keepsake card --- I shall treasure it! Thank you so much, Pat! With love and warmest wishes to you and yours this Christmas-time. Marilyn. xxxx